Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Week 3 - Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

"This sugary perfectly pink polisher keeps lips in tip top condition and tasting of candy floss"

This week's product was a completely random purchase last week. My lips have been so dry and chapped since about November and they just haven't been getting any better. So, when my mum and I went to Chichester I thought I'd pop into Lush and see if they had any lip products I could try. As soon as I smelt this lip scrub I decided instantly that I had to get it! It's a soft scrub that isn't too harsh on the lips, yet makes them feel really nourished and soft after using it. I've never used a lip scrub before so I was very curious as to how it would actually work, but I've been using it 2/3 times a day and I've been loving it SO much!! 

It's handmade with all natural ingredients; caster sugar, organic Jojoba oil, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, colouring and flavouring. The Alpha-isomethyl Ionone is a fragrance ingredient which gives it the strong bubblegum sent and is commonly used in beauty products, including aftershave balms, bath products, moisturiser's and perfumes. Jojoba oil is a unique liquid wax obtained by cold-pressing the seeds of the Jojoba shrub, and is used in 78 Lush products as its an excellent natural moisturiser and hydrates the skin. And then the caster sugar... it just makes it taste so nice when you lick your lips afterwards! I've never really been a big fan of Lush (I think it's just because I find the smell too over-powering every time I walk past one of their shops), but I think this product and the research I've done into the ingredients has definitely opened my eyes to whole new world of organic beauty products. I'm not someone who really pays any attention to what goes into a product, and I'm not going to suddenly go out and buy an entire new Organic beauty kit.. but I will definitely be paying more attention to the ingredients when I'm looking at buying new products!

This lip scrub comes in 4 different flavours; Bubblegum, Popcorn, Mint Julips and The Kiss (part of their Valentines range). They all smell beautiful, I just personally preferred the bubblegum as it was the most sweet smelling. They cost £5.50, so a little bit more expensive than the bog standard lip balm, but it's definitely worth spending the extra money if you have really badly chapped lips like me. I highly recommend trying this product out, so let me know what you think in the comment box below ☺️


X

No comments:

Post a Comment